125 lbs weight restriction per person for gear and supplies on the plane. Communication and cooperation within the group will assist in keeping within the weight restrictions below. The more items shared by the group (tackle, spare rods and reels), the lower the individual gear weight will be, but this does take planning. Groups that consistently come within the weight limit have made the pre-trip planning an integral aspect of their fishing trip.
Download our Grocery Planner to help ensure you’ve got everything you need.
Download Packing List
Download Guest Registry
What to Bring
- Passport (Required for all travel between the U.S. and Canada)
- Fishing license must be purchased online (Manitoba / Ontario)
- Rain gear
- First aid kit
- Fishing rod & tackle*
- Appropriate clothing
- Paper towel
- Mosquito coils
- Insect repellant
- Sun screen
- Bug proof head net
- Sleeping bag
- Toilet tissue
- Garbage bags
- Groceries for entire stay
- Dish soap
Fishing Gear: Walleye
- Ultra-light or light rod & spinning reel
- New 4 to 8 lb. test line
- 14 Nylon leaders, 6" to 9"
- 15 Jigheads in assorted colours, 1/4 to 1/2 ounce
- 25 Rubber tails in assorted colours, 3" to 5"
- 10 Sinkers, 1/4 to 1/2 ounce
- 10 Little Joe or Lindy Rig Spinners in assorted colours
- 10 Crank Baits, 3" to 8" (Rattle Trap, Cisco)
Fishing Gear: Northern Pike
- Medium to medium-heavy rod & baitcasting reel
- New 14 to 20 lb. test line
- 15 Steel Leaders of at least 25 lb. test, 9" to 12"
- 6 Weedless spoons, 4" to 6" (Johnson Silver Minnow, Dare Devil, Five of Diamonds)
- 3 Buzz Baits (double blade with clacker)
- 3 Spinner Baits in assorted colours
- 4 Bucktails with single treble hook, 6"
- 4 Jerk Baits, 6" to 9" (Suick, Provoker, Poes, Arbogast)
Hunting Gear: Black Bear/Moose
- Camouflaged noise proof clothing & gloves
- Blaze orange vest and hat
- Scent eliminating spray or suit
- Rifle/Bullets 2 boxes min. calliber .270
- Bow/arrows/broadheads: 1 dozen, min. draw weight 40 lbs., broadhead min. 7/8 in. dia. No mechanical broadheads.
- Safety Strap
- Outposts weight limit is 125 lbs per person.
- This includes all of your gear, groceries, ice, pop and beer.
- Any extra weight availability on the aircraft is utilized for camp supplies.
Tips for Packing Light
- Pack a duffel bag rather than a suitcase.
- Substitute lighter items (footwear, toiletries).
- Coordinate within your group items which can be shared, such as insect repellent, mosquito coils, sunscreen, flashlight, batteries, depth finders.
- Combine some tackle with your fishing partner, such as jig heads, sinkers, filleting knives & stones, spare rods.
- If you require special medication, make sure to carry enough for your whole trip on your person.
- Do not bring those 40lb tackle boxes.
- Do not over-pack clothing.
- Do not bring more beverages than you will drink.
- All garbage must be brought out with you.
- Bring canned beer, not bottled beer.
- Bring all gear packed in duffle bag, pack sack or plastic container.
- We cannot fly loose articles, including groceries.
- Groceries must be packed at a minimum in sturdy cardboard boxes.
- Small containers pack better in the aircraft.
- Baggage limit: Outposts limit is 125 lbs per person. Overweight will cost you!
- Emergency satellite phone available. ($5 charge)